- Serves as an outdoor classroom
- Garden is cross-curricular
- School partners with several other groups
- Families and community groups cooperate for summer maintenance
- Garden is a Family engagement opportunity
- Goal: to help promote a “legacy of learning and a love of nature”.
The garden produces tomatoes, cucumbers, summer and winter squash, sunflowers, and kohlrabi. Sunflowers proved to be a fun project for the students to view the plant cycle in action and observe how seeds can be utilized to feed the birds.