Metro Deaf School
- School garden designed to teach students respect for nature
- Provides an opportunity for deaf students to experience the joy of gardening
- Uses raised garden beds
- Grows veggies that are used by students
- Students learn about organic gardening
- Garden integrated into school curriculum
The garden is located behind the school where they have a hose hook up for water and a rain barrel. While a large plot of land is available to them, it was decided to start small, utilizing four 10′ by 6′ foot raised garden beds. They plan to begin a composting program to help their garden thrive.