Weaver Lake Elementary
- Converted courtyard garden area into a school garden
- Program designed to increase student taste for fresh produce
- Uses garden to support curriculum
- Has an enclosed butterfly garden
- Studies relationship between bees, insects, and plants
- Various sources of funding used for project
The school garden project at Weaver Lake Elementary evolved from a desire to help increase student interest in eating fresh fruits and vegetables, and provide students with hands-on learning experiences within the STEM-themed value-added projects. Weaver Lake staff feels that a garden space provides a great venue for interdisciplinary education and engages students in activities that tie to academic standards.