Adams Spanish Immersion
- The garden uses raised garden beds
- The garden is coordinated by the school nurse
- Students plant seeds in the classroom in the spring
- Families are involved during the summer months
- Produce is shared with a local church community
- Produce is served in the lunchroom
The school nurse, parents, and staff proposed the garden project. The purpose of the garden is to: educate the children on all aspects of vegetable gardening, composting, harvesting, and eating more nutritiously. The garden will introduce them to freshly picked veggies and help build a closer school and neighborhood community.