Winona Middle School
- Their Sustain Winona Partnership group involves master gardeners, Winona State University, city, county and schools
- Has a 9,600 square foot garden plot
- Grows over 27 types of produce
- Produce used by both school and community organizations
- Have several sources of funding
- Summer gardening program conducted by WSU and Winona County master gardeners
The concept of gardening at Winona Middle School grew out of a vision to increase access to local produce and to expand the teaching opportunities of the Master Gardeners. Through the Sustain Winona Partnership, the County, along with the Winona Area Public Schools and the City of Winona joined the effort, and gardening was added to the curriculum of the Winona Middle School. There, science classes started, and tended seedlings, and assisted the Master Gardeners with the plantings.