- Longfellow is a Year-Round (45-15) school
- Garden area is 4000 square feet
- Students created a fence around the garden
- Use the garden as an outdoor learning center
- Students are involved in planning and maintaining the garden
- Created “imagination” stations for students
- Produce used in school lunchroom
Minnesota grow-able vegetables, fruits, and herbs were planted. Fruits are used for morning and afternoon snacks. A plant stand at the local farmers market was set up to sell the vegetables and fruits. They also donated some of the produce to the local food shelf. Plans going forward are to serve fresh vegetables and fruits in the salad bar in the school lunchroom and to have a Farmers Market at the school.