Karner Blue Educational Center
- Nature and place-based program
- Uses raised garden beds with trellises
- Serves to help students manage anxiety and behavior
- Helps students become keen observers of nature
- Has a plan for future expansion of the garden
- Garden used as a learning laboratory
The Karner Blue school garden contains herbs, vegetables, and flowers. Produce harvested is utilized for educational purposes to illustrate current core subjects as students observe, measure, and document growth and changes. The produce also aids in teaching transitional skills such as social skills, team building, cooking, healthy eating habits, and appropriate recreation and leisure activities.