- Raised garden beds on site
- Uses MN Ag in the Classroom curriculum
- Program coordinated by Principal and Food Services Director
- Produce served in school lunchroom
- Summer school students involved in caring for garden
- SAC (School Age Care) students also care for garden in summer
- Students plant seeds in classrooms in the spring
The garden at Caledonia Elementary was designed to enhance the curriculum and to provide relevant experiences as they relate to state standards. It was also designed to show students where foods come from and expose them to eating healthy, natural foods that they helped to grow. Their garden is coordinated by the Principal, their Food Services Director and the school garden committee.