Lake Harriet Community School
- Nine concrete planters in front of the building
- Emphasis on teaching the importance of pollinators
- A Year-round program called “Minneapolis Kids”
- Planted a variety of veggies and herbs
- Added milkweed in the existing rain garden
- Partnership with parents
The garden site is unique as it is located in the concrete planters directly in front of the school where it is readily visible to everyone attending or visiting the school. The planters serve to keep out rabbits and other animals and are aesthetically pleasing as well as functional.